I am back with a post and I am going to talk you through my tattoo experience today . So tattooing is a trend seen over all globe now . It’s a big step but I think most of the people don’t understand the permanence of this body art , certainly it’s a thoughtful process.
Whirling to my tattoo experience, I went to get inked for the third time (I love expressing my thoughts in the form of tattoos) and this time I wanted it to be a perfection . I have highly heard about this amazing studio ‘ BodyCanvas‘ which is located in Haus Khas, Delhi and is run by the talented duo Vikas Malani and Micky Malani who have been in this profession for years now. Talking about Bodycanvas , Vikas & Mickey are celebrity tattoo artists and have done some commendable work in Bollywood, a few names to mention Priyanka Chopra ( Pyaar Impossible), Anil Kapoor (Tashan), Print Media, Commercial Ads and more.
I went to their Haus Khas studio which was well maintained. I was introduced to Vikas Malani, the person behind Bodycanvas , a thorough professional & perfectionist. They work mostly with custom designs and other tattoo art styles like tribal , abstract, fantasy and others. He recreated my vision in a darn beautiful way. Talking about the hygiene 5/5 , everything around me was wrapped in the cling wrap to avoid contact with germs . Talking techie, the machines were highly updated.The staff was super courteous & friendly , kudos for creating such a vibrant work place. My tattoo took almost an hour and I was quite satisfied with the work & vision.
The charges per inch are 2000 INR for color and 1500 INR for black & grey .
You can also pay a visit to their studio : 13A lake side view, Hauz Khas New Delhi, New Delhi, Delhi 110016
New Tattoo Care
- Do exactly what your tattooist asked to do, its important to follow the proper regime given by the artist otherwise your beautiful piece can turn into a disaster .
- Keep the tattoo clean after the dressing is taken off. Clean it with anti-bacterial soap and let it air dry or pat it gently . Apply nivea cream ( a thin layer would do , don’t use vaseline since it won’t let the skin breathe)
- The new tattoo would be swollen, itchy , red and everything . Don’t panic it will take a couple days to heal . If the symptoms persists for more than a week immediately see your tattoo artist.
- Okay , the tattoo is gonna bleed and the fluid will be the same as your tattoo ink , this is absolutely normal and no your tattoo is not coming out .
- Keep your tattoo moist , its very important . Your tattoo artist will refer you to use a cream .
- Do not soak your new tattoos for atleast 2 weeks .
- Do not scratch or over do the cream , this is certainly damage your tattoo.
- The healing process can take from a week to 3 week , it totally depends on the body type and the after care process. During the process the tattoo can be flakey ( it’s normal ) .
Hope this post comes handy to you 🙂