So Holi countdown has begun and so should our preparations. Holi is a beautiful festival of hues, playing with colors is the essence of this festival but it can also be at dangerous if proper caution is not taken . So I am going to pen down some precautions that you can take for your hair and skin to make it more joyous for you .
- The best way to protect your skin is to apply a thick layer of petroleum jelly or oil before you step out .
- Do not forget to apply sunscreen an hour before you go out since the chemicals in color make the skin vulnerable to sun burns and rashes.
- Always stick to using cold water since hot water sticks the color on the skin.
- Do not use soap to clean the color as it erades the skin layer, in lieu opt for soap free cleanser .
- Do not use spirits to remove color , always use a cream based cleanser or baby oil and use it gently.
- To protect your nails either coat them with a nail color or put petroleum jelly to avoid damage.
- Avoid manicure and pedicure for atleast a day or two at the chemicals tend to damage the nail and the cuticles.
- Do not use nail paint remover to remove color as it tend to damage the protective skin layer on the nail .
- The harsh chemicals tend to make the roots brittle and scalp dry , always oil your hair before rinsing .
- Do not over shampoo as it will lead to hair fall .
Some Handy Home Remedies
- After playing Holi when you go for bathing, soak Multani Mithi about an hour ago. While taking bath apply this on skin where color is there. let it and then wash it . This Mud pack is very helpful in removing color from the body.
- Mix gram flour, sweet oil and milk cream in rose water. Make a thick paste of it and apply it on face, hand and legs. Let it the paste dry. Then remove it by rubbing with hands. This way the color on skin can be removed
- Add half bowl of curd in two spoon of lime juice, and apply it on the areas having color. Then take a bath with normal or lukewarm warm water.
- For your hair, applying egg yolk or curd and leaving it for about 45 minutes before using a mild shampoo is also an effective method to rid your hair of Holi color and its damaging chemicals.
Wishing you a very happy holi guys !!