A bunch who have been following me since my blog started , know how much I love experimenting with my tresses be it with color, style or any specific treatment. Whirling to Keratin treatments , there is a rage in the market. My curiosity about this treatment was intrigued when I saw results on my friends and they were indeed great .
A little about Global Keratin Hair Taming Treatment
The Global Keratin Treatment with JUVEXIN incorporates our unique and patented keratin formulation which is found exclusively in Global Keratin Products.
JUVEXIN is the only keratin compound scientifically proven to protect and restore hair back to its youthful state. Unlike over-processed hydrolyzed keratins found in the market today, Global Keratin’s Hair Taming System with JUVEXIN is an active compound, delivered to the hair in its raw, natural state. Critical amino acids and proteins remain intact, conditioning the hair and protecting it from damaging environmental effects, aging and daily styling. It works on all hair types, leaving it more manageable, soft, shiny, smooth and frizz-free for up to 5 months.
My Alaya Spa + Salon Keratin Treatment Experience
Starting off I am always warm welcomed at Alaya Spa + Salon. I had little trepidation about the process but the hair stylist there comforted me with all the queries I had .
Talking about my hair texture , it’s slight wavy and thin, I opted for this treatment since my hair were quite damaged and lacked shine .
1.My hair were shampooed with Global Keratin Clarifying Shampoo .
2. My hair were sectioned and the keratin mixture was applied , towards the end of this process my eyes did start burning a bit but I heard the Brazilian Blowout Keratin Treatment makes it more worse , so brownie points to GK here . The mixture was left for around 20 minutes .
3. Next they blow dried my hair completely and they made me wear this mask because the process makes the mixture generate fumes .
4. To seal the keratin , my hair were flat ironed at 450 degrees .
The entire process took around 2 1/2 hours approximately .
The first 48 hours are needed to make the keratin bond last longer, so you are not allowed to wash the hair, it was such a cumbersome thing to shower and wash face since one cannot even tie them.
My first wash was done at Alaya with the Global keratin Color Protection Moisturising Shampoo followed by the same conditioner. I am really not a hair serum person but my stylist advised me to use one to make the keratin last longer .
I would also like to mention I did not suffer any hair loss because of the treatment as many say but again it depends on the hair texture and right routine . My hair quality has been tremendously improved, they are more smooth shiny and damage free.
Products I am Currently Using :
Shampoo: GK Color Protection Moisturizing Shampoo .
Conditioner: Kiehl’s Nourishing Olive Fruit Oil Conditioner.
Serum: Gk Anti Frizz Smoothing Serum ( after every wash)
Things You should Know Out Before Going For Treatment:
- Keratin treatments are meant to infuse protein thus by making the strands look more shiny and damage free, if you are looking for poker straight hair this treatment is not for you .
- One should do a full research about the various keratin treatments available in the market and than choosing wisely , work on your hair stylists and the salon .
- Do take into consideration various references available on sites or by family and friends , they do come handy .
- If you are planning to color your hair , do first and than opt for this treatment , otherwise you have to wait for a month to do so and if you already have colored hair , it is definitely going a little light after this treatment.
- Honestly I bombarded the stylist at Alaya Salon with tons of questions and I have to admit he was so patient with everything and comforted me well with all answers, I think if you are spending so much you shouldn’t be afraid to raise your concerns .
- Lastly always rely on professional treatments from good salons rather than buying local stuff and trying at home all by yourself .
Hope my writing was helpful to you.