Well I have been wearing contact lenses for a decade now, its a part of my daily ritual which barely takes likes a minute or so but I understand applying lenses for the first time can be a daunting task.
Most important think is the hygiene and cleaning process which most of us totally skip . So here is this blog which is all about simple steps for you to master applying daily lenses.
- First and the most important thing always wash you hands before touching the contacts so you don’t transfer any product . Well just make sure after washing your face the first thing should be applying contacts .
- Don’t try pulling your lenses from the case , gently shake the storage container to loosen the contacts .
- Place the lens on the tip of your middle finger , try to make sure the finger is dry.
- With the fingers of the other hand simultaneously pull the upper eyelid and down on your lower lid .
- Position the lens on your eye while looking straight or upward whichever is easier .
- Gently close the eye , roll to help the lens settle and blink and blink and you are done.
The hygience levels is what I lacked and over use of the contact lenses made my eyes dry like super dry . Few tips to maintain the good health of your eyes .
- Always invest into small sized lens solution bottle, once opened and not finished within a time frame of 15 days it will be as good as water.
- Never even think of applying lenses with water, water contains bacteria which can cause some fatal infections .
- Never over wear contact lenses, they certainly make the eyes dry . In case you feel so you can invest into eye drops like Tears Plus/ Genteal . You can use them liberally .
- Try sterilising the lens storage case to disinfect any infections building in one. Every 15 days you can place the case in boiling water for 5-10 minutes .
- If you feel irritation / red eyes stop the usage immediately and don’t use the same contacts again.
- Always make sure to invest into certified brands who manufacture contact lenses .